Now loads of people have done these lists or similar; and I’m doing (or at least going to try) to do one too.
While initially thinking about my list I searched through the realms of the internet and found numerous websites and blogs dedicated to these kinds of lists. But a primary problem with them, at least from my point of view, is that while most of the things I’d love to do, they were simply not financially viable, especially within a limited time frame. So I’d like to think that my list has a bit of everything, but most of it realistic. Sure I could have done a ‘wish-list’ style list, but I wanted to think about the things that I wanted to do or accomplish before turning 30. So it may be a tad boring when it comes to other people’s lists but I want to be able to say that I managed every single one. You may also notice that I have a few fairly mundane but necessary ones in there, especially number 24.
I’m posting this list today as tomorrow is my birthday when I turn 27. I thought this was an appropriate time to start my ’30 Things’ list giving me 3 years to do 30 things before I turn 30. (Yes all the threes).
On 14 October, or there abouts, every year for the next three years, I will post a blog detailing my progress through the list.
In no particular order…..
….to be completed in no particular order
- Be a step (have deposit ready) closer to owning my own home
- Go to the cinema on my own
- Go to a restaurant on my own
- Go to a midnight film showing
- Travel to any European city/capital
- Travel to Bath
- Travel to Cornwall
- Host a dinner party
- Do something for charity
- Be a step closer to getting married – no pressure Andrew (my boyfriend)
- Travel solo
- Take a ‘How to’ class
- Buy something expensive (and frivolous)
- Watch more classic movies
- Change my hair – either changing my hair style and/or colour
- Travel somewhere random
- Fly long haul
- Do a walking challenge
- Plant a tree (in memory)
- Go to the ballet
- Read 300 books
- Do 30 days of something – this could be 30 days of blogging, 30 days of drinking nothing else but water, 30 days of writing….etc…the options are endless
- Go camping
- Set up a private pension
- Stay awake for 24 hours
- Defy gravity – indoor skydiving
- Find the perfect LBD
- Learn a new skill
- Ultimate movie marathon
- Be naked for an entire day!